cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err_connection_refused

err_connection_refused

Nosbags
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Can’t seem to connect to Dropbox at all using multiple different browsers and in private /incognito mode. Keeps saying refuses to connect.
Have added Dropbox.com to trusted sites in settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox program and browsers. Have also made sure no proxy settings are active along with making sure the program is allowed access. NOTHING WORKS!!!
64 Replies 64

coyotius
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Can people please reply with WHICH problem it fixed.  There appears to be TWO issues...people who can't sync their desktop app and those that can't access the Dropbox.com website and get the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED message in both Chrome and IE/Edge.  I never had an issue with syncing the app and installing the BETA did nada.  If installing the BETA actual fixes a web browser issue, I'd like to know what your step by step procedure was.

Also, if you're reporting a problem also state whether its the APP or BROWSER.  

For my browser error I've done everything short of a re-format/re-install to clear the issue...including uninstalling and re-installing the BETA.  Are there any Registry Keys that need to be deleted to get a clean BETA install, if it indeed fixes the browser error?

Mike

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this and thanks for joining the discussion here @Kristo34.

Does this persist on other browsers with no extensions or plugins running?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

kylebisc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same exact problem for me as well. Dropbox webpage does not load on a windows computer, tested on both chrome and microsoft edge with all extensions disabled, firewall and antivirus disabled, no vpns running.

Kristo34
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Chrome, IE, Edge, firefox  not working. The firewall is off. No antivirus programs.

Chrome.jpgEdge.jpgFirefox.jpgIE explorer.jpg

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for all your updates here peeps!

So that we can look into this further, we'd like to continue through our Support channel as some info we can't check on any account/device specific info here on the Community.

Please submit a ticket with our team via the options available to your plan on this page. You can then let us know the ticket number (eg. #1234567).

If you have any trouble with this, please let me know and I'd be happy to help with this from my side.

@coyotius, it seems that the thread your post was in was for a different connection issue via the desktop app, so I've just moved your post here.

Apologies for any confusion you may have experienced with that, but please try the above and I'll be here if you have any questions.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

coyotius
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks @Daphne .  I'll create a ticket.

ayydot
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

With all the useless steps provided here, the one solution is to check your hosts file. 

I had downloaded some *cough* software which auto edited my host file with a whole lotta entries pointing to 127.0.0.1 and although none of them were directly dropbox.com - there is some dependency that dropbox needs that was being blocked. 

Nonetheless, check your host file and remove entries that seem weird until you the page loads. You're welcome.

Kristo34
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It works, thank you! I just deleted the host file and it started working.

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc into the Run window and click OK.
  3. Delete hosts file .

Nosbags
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This actually worked!! Thanks so much, this has been driving me crazy considering the amount of "solutions" that have been put forward.

teleekom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I cleaned the hosts file dropbox is loading for me now. Looking at those entries this might be caused by uTorrent client or something to that extent. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mmaslov New member | Level 2
    Zer1 Explorer | Level 3
    AmBen New member | Level 2
    ingeborgdot New member | Level 2
    Billy015 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?