cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err_connection_refused

err_connection_refused

Nosbags
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Can’t seem to connect to Dropbox at all using multiple different browsers and in private /incognito mode. Keeps saying refuses to connect.
Have added Dropbox.com to trusted sites in settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox program and browsers. Have also made sure no proxy settings are active along with making sure the program is allowed access. NOTHING WORKS!!!
64 Replies 64

Jordanwj
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ah mate you're a legend! 

Had just about given up on this issue but that's resolved it for me, knew it would be a fix like this. Lifesaver, thanks a lot!

@Kristo34 wrote:

It works, thank you! I just deleted the host file and it started working.

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc into the Run window and click OK.
  3. Delete hosts file .

Newoldchild
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

my hero!

Teoo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Finally! Thank you very much

bdumaguina
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Oh finally! I've been looking for a solution since the beginning of this year! After the Christmas break all of the sudden Dropbox web was just not cooperating. Thank you!

BoneCrusher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

thank you sir it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allmodcons79
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi, I've been using Dropbox for a few years now on my Windows computer without any issues, now for some reason it will not let me connect to the website. Just says "The site can't be reached" www.dropbox.com refused to connect. I'm using chrome but I've also tried Firefox but the problem remains? I've logged on to post this message though my phone with no issues on the same ip address, has anyone else had this problem 🤔

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting @Allmodcons79!

I've just moved your post here, since it seems you're having a similar issue to the OP.

When you have the time, please check out the info in this thread to see if any of the suggestions help at all. Perhaps the accepted solution will do the trick?

Give me a shout if you need anything!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PBSD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

dr_deadpan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks for being the ONLY person to figure out how to solve this. Dropbox’s staff has been maddeningly unhelpful in regard to this particular issue.

ken l.19
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This didn't work for me.  Still have the issue

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mmaslov New member | Level 2
    Zer1 Explorer | Level 3
    AmBen New member | Level 2
    ingeborgdot New member | Level 2
    Billy015 New member | Level 2