cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error moving dropbox

error moving dropbox

VladBusca
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello

I get this error when trying to move dropbox folder from C to 😧 "some files can't be moved, please select a new location or close some open files and try again".

Tried this advice, didn't worked: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Error-messages/Unable-to-move-the-Dropbox-folder-as-some-files-can-t...

Thanks

Vlad

30 Replies 30

mguertin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issues as well.  Can't move a whole bunch of one-off offboarded user files into a Team folder.  I suspect it can't deal with the changes to sharing.  I really wish Dropbox would get it's act together and show some useful information when things don't work.  Getting pretty tired of all the new features that no one wants, auto-updating client software that completely breaks the chain of testing and approval and no bug fixes.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mguertin New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    NGU Admin New member | Level 2
    blakekhodges New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?