cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export MP4 files on iPad to desktop

Highlighted

export MP4 files on iPad to desktop

Explorer | Level 3

I am having difficulty finding updated help on DropBox. I have taken video files that I want to export to my desktop.  I have converted them to MP4s but I don't understand how to export them to my desktop.

is there any updated help on dropbox?

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: export MP4 files on iPad to desktop

Dropboxer

Hi @Rita7Denise, let’s see what we can do on this together. 

If you have these files on the website, you should be able to download them by:

• Signing in to the website
  • Clicking on the Files tab. 
  • Locating the video files in question and hovering over them. 
  • Selecting the ellipsis (…) button that’s on the right-hand side. 
  • Choosing Download. 

If you have the desktop app installed, since the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer, you can copy-paste the files to another location as per normal. 

Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

thanks for trying to answer my question. first do you mean locate the file on the dropbox app on my iPad  or on my desktop? 

I see the file on the dropbox on my desktop, but is no download in those tiny dots (...) to the right of the file, actually they are not active. the (...) top right of the dropbox screen does not have download. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @Rita7Denise!

Can you just clarify for me, are you viewing the file from your web browser on your computer, or through the desktop app on your computer?

If you're using the desktop app, can you let me know what sync icon you see next to the file?

Otherwise, can you send a screenshot of the options that you do see from the "..." menu?

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.  I have taken several videos using my iPad.  the iPad saves them as .MOV files. I use a free converter to change them to MP4's.  I can see the videos in the Dropbox app on my iPad. 

I am in HOME and I see the list of files underneath. there are these(...) on the right side of the list.when I click on the dots, I see a bunch of choices: Copy Link, Share Manage Access, Make Available Offline, Add to starred, Export, show in Folder, rename, copy, Move, delete.

I have Dropbox installed on my desktop.  at least, I see the icon there.

I don't know how to screen shot on the iPad and then send it here (desktop) to add to this email.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Rita7Denise, if the files are appearing in the Dropbox mobile app, that means they're on the Dropbox site.

If you have the Dropbox desktop application installed, then the files should have synced to your computer automatically, are they not in the Dropbox folder? Does the Dropbox icon near the clock in the system tray/menu bar appear to be white, or with another icon on it?

Keep me posted!

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I'm sorry, I have given up on DropBox.  I think it is user unfriendly. And I have tried so many things before finding this community that I don't remember what I tried and worked and what did not. 

I did find the specific MP4 file in the folder called  Camera Uploads on my desktop.  I think I copied the link to my email to move it to my desktop's hard drive,  so then I could play with it.  I wanted to make it sound louder.  When I recorded it; it did not come out loud.

Rita

is there any written current help?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?