cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export multiple files to e-mail using mobile app

export multiple files to e-mail using mobile app

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I tried to use the multiple file selection mentioned on the text but my app only shows to download to mobile, copy, move and delete.

Screenshot_20201108-112305_Dropbox.jpgScreenshot_20201108-112257_Dropbox.jpg

Is there another way to attach multiple files to an e-mail on mobile? I use Android 10

Older community text. "Hey there , kindly note that it is indeed currently possible to export multiple files to your email provider. As you're viewing your Dropbox account, tap on the  button at the top-right hand corner & you'll be able to multi-select files :right arrow: Select the ones you'd like to Export to your email & tap on Export at the bottom of your screen. Once you get to the the pop screen that appears there, you'll see your email options. " 

2 Replies 2

Re: export multiple files to e-mail using mobile app

Dropboxer

Hi there @Eric Delisle; welcome to the Community!

The option to export to an email app is only available for single files by tapping on the ellipsis button and choosing the relevant option.

If you'd like to attach multiple files in an email on your Android device, you can export them to your device and then attach them to your email from there. 

Alternatively, you could put them in a folder and then share a link to the folder directly. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: export multiple files to e-mail using mobile app

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter,

Thanks for reply, ok for the explanation, but, I expected something more usefful from Dropbox app. On windows or IOS on computers ( I use both ) is very easy to attach any amount of files. Dropbox should think of something easier for apps on Android ( Or IOS ). 

Maybe an option to set free the e-mail access inside the cell phone to Dropbox files, or an option to select and export multiple files from dropbox to be attached on e-mail without having to download them. I use Gmail and Typeapp as e-mail servers, I believe they are "safe" to get access directly to dropbox files.

Regards,

Eric Delisle

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?