cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: files after cancelling subscription

files after cancelling subscription

paradisirafa
New member | Level 2

Hi! 

Do you know if the files remain in my account forever if i cancell a subscription? I know i won't able to upload anymore files, but won't my files be deleted once I have more than the free space allows? Because in the official cancellation page: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/cancellations-refunds/cancel-mobile#:~:text=What%20happens...

it sais: "Dropbox keeps deleted versions of your files for 30 days, in case you change your mind"

so it means i have 30 days to download them?

thank you

3 Replies 3

Elixir
Super User

Hi @paradisirafa, your files in Dropbox will remain as long as your account is active. You are referring to the history retaintion for deleted files, not the existing contents of Dropbox. If you delete a file, it is possible to restore that file up to 30 days from the date of deletion for a free/basic account. Note that if you don't login to your account for long period of time, your account eventually get deactivated and contents deleted. To prevent that you need to login to your account once in a while. 

paradisirafa
New member | Level 2

thank you very much! (you are 100% sure of it, right?) hahaha, i'm so worried

Mark
Super User II

What I would say to add to  the above is that files are only kept on ACTIVE accounts - so you need to be logging in regularily. 

Also, note that the T&C's DO state that Dropbox can remove files to bring you under quota, so, I would be cautious with this approach - especially if you will be massivley over quota when downgrading. Dropbox would email you first, however. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?