cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files aren't syncing

files aren't syncing

Roger B.30
Helpful | Level 6

I have 38 links that aren't syncing, So far as I can tell, they're not read-only. Following instructions I found on the site, I tried the command line suggestions, but couldn't figure out what the default instruction (which isn't displayed on the site but should be) was. I tried  a download and reinstall, but that didn't help. How should I then proceed, and what is the default version of the command line?

5 Replies 5

Re: files aren't syncing

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Roger B.30, thanks for posting on the Community!

Is this related to your earlier post, or a different issue?

When you say 38 links aren't syncing, could you clarify what you're referring to?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Roger B.30
Helpful | Level 6

Jay, this is (I think) a separate issue.  As you can see from the image below, the files in question are links to programs, and quite a few  show they aren't backed up, like they used to be. I hope this helps you understand my problem.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 130917.png

Jay
Dropboxer
It looks like these are shortcuts to programs, which are tiny files which would redirect to the actual installed program on the computer.

Were you trying to backup the actual programs to Dropbox, or just these shortcut files? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Roger B.30
Helpful | Level 6

I'm trying to back up the links, not the programs.

Jay
Dropboxer
If you click the Dropbox icon in the system tray, and then the avatar on the top right, and finally 'View sync issues', does it show anything there?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?