cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files infected by virus

files infected by virus

Explorer | Level 4

I have a problem with my dropbox, that all the files have been encrypted by a virus. Can you please help me to restore my files before 22 september 2020, 4:00PM ?

Thank You!

5 Replies 5

Re: files infected by virus

Dropboxer

Hi @Deeptec, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this matter. You can restore previous versions of files using the steps here.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Jay, Thank you for your reply. I tried that steps, but I couldn't restore my files back. Some files are not showing a previous version. Only the current version is showing. And also as I have many files affected by the virus, it is difficult to restore them one by one. Is it possible to restore the whole account to a previous version from your end? (also this account is a Basic dropbox account)

Dropboxer

Truth be told, it would be through the Rewind feature @Deeptec; that's offered to Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, and Business users at this time though. 

For more information on this, you can visit the relevant Help Center article, if you haven't already that is. 

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your reply @Walter 

I'm currently using the basic packge. If i upgrade to dropbox plus package now, will I be able to use Rewind feature on old files which created prior to the account upgrade?

And also some of my files don't have any version history to a previous version. How can I recover them? will it be also possible on Rewind feature?

Dropboxer

As the relevant documentation outlines, Dropbox Rewind can only undo changes made within your account’s version history @Deeptec

Is it possible that the files you mention were encrypted more than 30 days ago? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?