cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files not syncing/indexing

files not syncing/indexing

Nick B1
New member | Level 2

I added about 30 word and excel documents about 3 days ago and noticed they were not synced yet. When I click on the dropbox icon it says there are 66 files syncing.  It never used to take this long. I tried pausing and then restarting the syncing and restarting my computer numerous times. Nothing has worked. Please help

2 Replies 2

Re: files not syncing/indexing

Nick B1
New member | Level 2

I am running windows 10 and dropbox version 123.4.3800

Re: files not syncing/indexing

Herman_SO
New member | Level 2

Hi, I have encounter this problem before, I have checked the below and can tackle finally, you may also take a try:

1/ check the hardisk size - as Dropbox may default locate at your C: which it normally full with the system ; u may need to set all to online only and delete/ move some files from C: to release some space for it to start sync again

2/ check if you have update / upgraded your antivirus software or firewall. it included auto-update from anti-virus software. I was using est and one of their update did blocked the sync of dropbox. google ur antivirus software to see if there are official solutions

3/ go check on the web version of dropbox, check if the files are uploaded, if possible make some changes to see if the sync notice and re-adjust the function

hope this help and ur dropbox work back as usual

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Herman_SO New member | Level 2
    Nick B1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?