cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files/photos not getting stuck while uploding

files/photos not getting stuck while uploding

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I use the free 2GB dropbox to share files/photos. I delete all data and also from deleted folder to create space for new upload.

Past 1 month, whenever I upload files/photos from my pc, (I use firefox browser to login dropbox for uploads), the files get stuck/do not upload even though the folder I had selected was 1.6GB.

I'm not sure how do I proceed to upload the folder from my pc. Plz help !!

3 Replies 3

Re: files/photos not getting stuck while uploding

Dropboxer

Hello there @udayankapur, I hope you're well today!

When you're trying to upload the files, do you get any error messages at all?

Can you let me know how much available space is shown in your account's plan page here too?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4
Hi Daphne
Thanks for the reply, I don't get any error when the uploading stops, I only see the bar running at the bottom of the screen showing the same status of uploading file , the upload does not finish even after 1 hour (I have 100 Mbps fibre internet connection)

I tried to delete all files/ folders and re started the upload sequence many times and it used to get stuck at 79th photo (all JPEGs)

Yesterday after my second attempt , all 149 photos got uploaded to my Dropbox without any hiccup.

At present my Dropbox shows 1.69gb used out of 2.5gb.

Plz advise how can I eliminate the re upload procedure , it's too much time consuming

Regards
Udayan

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information Udayan.

As this seems to be resolved now, all I can suggest is that you try another browser in the future as you might get better results. 

Let us know of any updates!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?