cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fodler disappeared

fodler disappeared

New member | Level 2

Hello
a very important folder of mine has disappeared from my Dropbox.
Even subscribing a free trial for professional Dropbox could not grant me access to the 180 days of deletion history.
The folder name is "Steuererklärungen". I can find snippets of this folder on my main computer. But this snippet is neither shared with other devices, nor it contains the missing files. I quite unprecedented.
Can you please help me ?Dropbot couldn't help me any further. I also have a screenshot that could have very good showcased the problem, but there is unfortunately no way to upload/attach it to the present message.
thanks.

3 Replies 3

Re: fodler disappeared

Dropboxer

Hi @kasonher, thanks for messaging the Community!

I understand your concern over this missing folder. Do you know if the folder was deleted outside of 30 days ago? Can you see any events related to the folder on this page on your account?

As you've noticed, upgrading to a Dropbox Professional or Business plan isn't retroactive, so if the folder was deleted outside of 30 days, then it won't be recoverable.

Let me know what you find out from the events page!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Dear Jay,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I think I could found the event, what happened under the links:

https://www.dropbox.com/event_details/538997468/1157591522/798326627/0

https://www.dropbox.com/event_details/538997468/1157591522/798326627/0

However, it was on the 17.09.2020.  I was fully unaware of this. and according to the history, it happened because I "deleted" the folder, which is just impossible, considering how valuable and important this folder is to me.

I know it's more than 30 days back them, but Is there any way by anychance to recover these files, please please ?

thank you.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the details. Unfortunately, as the folder was deleted over 30 days ago, it wouldn't be possible to recover the it as it would be outside the restoration period.

Could you see if you can recover the files from the local machine from the recycle bin, or using a third party app or service to do so?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?