Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

folder contents differ between website dropbox and shortcut dropbox1

LEW1 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

We have a certain folder that we can see on the website, but we cannot see it on the Dropbox shortcut. How do we make sure that all files on the website are viewable via the shortcut?

2 Replies 2

Re: folder contents differ between website dropbox and shortcut dropbox1

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @LEW1, have you created a shortcut to the Dropbox folder on your desktop or have you stored a Shortcut to a webpage in your Dropbox folder?  

If the former is happening, then it looks like you’re facing a syncing issue, so it would be best starting off checking what could have gone wrong by having a look at the Dropbox icon on your system tray/menu bar; please let me know what you’re seeing there in your next message. 

If the latter, then you should be able to see the Shortcut normally, as long as you haven’t excluded the parent folder through your Selective Sync settings. 

Please let me know which one applies to what you’re currently experiencing & I’ll advise accordingly; I look forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: folder contents differ between website dropbox and shortcut dropbox1

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @LEW1, have you created a shortcut to the Dropbox folder on your desktop or have you stored a Shortcut to a webpage in your Dropbox folder?  

If the former is happening, then it looks like you’re facing a syncing issue, so it would be best starting off checking what could have gone wrong by having a look at the Dropbox icon on your system tray/menu bar; please let me know what you’re seeing there in your next message. 

If the latter, then you should be able to see the Shortcut normally, as long as you haven’t excluded the parent folder through your Selective Sync settings. 

Please let me know which one applies to what you’re currently experiencing & I’ll advise accordingly; I look forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?