cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: folder contents mixed up

Highlighted

folder contents mixed up

Explorer | Level 4

I'm a relatively inexperienced Dropbox user, but have Dropbox Plus for work reasons. I recently uploaded a lot of personal files, many of which were in a very large folder with several subfolders. I've noticed that some of the files have got mixed up: e.g. a file supposed to be in Folder A might show up in Folder B, etc. Based on googling, I assume this is due to my having uploaded everything at once (and via the website) rather than folder by folder. Does anyne know if there's a way to fix the problem? If not, it's not the end of the world, as the number of files is small enough that I feel fairly confident of my ability to sort them out manually, but obviously that's not my preference.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @rochallor, let's see what we can find on this together. 

I'll just need a bit more info to make sure that we're on the same page. For example:

• How did you upload these files? Was it through the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app?
  • Did you stop the upload at any point in time?
  • Did any error messages pop up during the upload?

Any additional details would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lusil, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. Very sorry for the delayed reply. (I flew the Atlantic on Thursday, so have been distracted!)

1) Through the website.

2) I did not stop the upload.

3) No error messages popped up during the upload. A number of individual files from various subfolders failed to upload, which I was notified of when the upload was done.

I hope that helps? Thanks a lot again! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information, and sorry for the late reply from my end as well. 

Although I can't exactly pin-point what could have happened or why the files were uploaded to different paths, I'd recommend moving them to the right locations for now, and to give us another shout if it does happen again. 

I know this isn't the ideal reply you were looking for, but do let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks again!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your input anyway!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?