cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help - I am sharing a dropbox file but it is sharing ALL my files. This is a new problem.

Highlighted

help - I am sharing a dropbox file but it is sharing ALL my files. This is a new problem.

New member | Level 2

I just shared a file and it brought up not only the contents of that file in GMail but also my whole list of files for that person to view.

This has never happened before.  Fortunately I only shared it once.

I created a new gmail account to see if it was just picking it up because I was the sender but its not.  All my files are going even though I just shared one file.

Anybody can enighten me on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: help - I am sharing a dropbox file but it is sharing ALL my files. This is a new problem.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @2185ks!

That does indeed sound like it might be the case, if you open a shared link for files within your account while signed into that account online, you would be able to then view the rest of your account.

You can also double check the link is only showing the content you shared by opening the link in an incognito browsing window (so you won't be signed into Dropbox).

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: help - I am sharing a dropbox file but it is sharing ALL my files. This is a new problem.

Dropboxer

Hi @2185ks; welcome to our Community!

I'm not sure how this can happen; can you please walk me through the exact steps you take to do this and, if possible, send me a screenshot of how this looks like on your end so I can have a visual too?

Thanks! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I think what is actually happening is that because I am the owner of my dropbox account, when I send the link to myself, it brings up the dropdown menu which allows me to pick files.  When I sent it to my husbands email, it did not.  That tells me that actually the link only goes as a link and not as a link with the drop down menu that appears on my computer site.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @2185ks!

That does indeed sound like it might be the case, if you open a shared link for files within your account while signed into that account online, you would be able to then view the rest of your account.

You can also double check the link is only showing the content you shared by opening the link in an incognito browsing window (so you won't be signed into Dropbox).

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?