cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

how do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

Ida L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to move all my photos/files from dropbox to an external hard drive, remove them from my dropbox without delete any photos by mistake or anything. This is to organize my photos and files properly, so I can use my dropbox as a temporarily back up for my more recent photos which is why I wanted to use dropbox as in the first place!

There are several photos on my dropbox that doesn't show in my dropbox-app for my pc but I have a lot of old pictures there and I don't want to delete them, only remove them from dropbox and keep them on my computer. I have approximately 231 recent photos(on my phone) that I can't save on my dropbox because I don't have enough space. But I don't want to upgrade since I don't really need that much space. I just want to transfer them to an external hard drive via my computer.

I'm not good in English, but I hope someone understand what I want to do and can help me!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

To download all the files you have stored in your Dropbox safely , you can do it either by using the Dropbox app on your computer or by downloading the mmanually on the website.

Using the Dropbox app:

Once you install the Dropbox app on your computer and the syncing is complete, you can unlink Dropbox from your device. Then you can move your Dropbox folder and store it wherever you want and do permanent changes to your computer that do not sync back to the website.

Download from www.dropbox.com

You can download the entire contents of a folder from dropbox.com in a ZIP file.

Note: It's not possible to use dropbox.com to download an entire folder that's over 1 GB or that has over 10,000 files

Additionally, If you run out of Dropbox space, there are a few things you can do to get more!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox takes up no more storage (bar the install files of a 100mb or so?) than the files you have stored on it articangel333 - because they are simply in a folder like all others

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

69 Replies 69

Mary Ann F.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I, also, need an answer to this question!

Patricia P.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to know too! when i first opened a dropbox account i didn't realize it would take some of my photos permanently off my iPhone and i pad so i can ply view then by going to dropbox. i have a new macbook and want to put my photos currently in my dropbox file onto my computer. HEELLPPPPPPP

Guila G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same question. I want my pics local on my hard drive. I ONLY want to pics on dropbox when I want to share them

brian d.63
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I too have same question and no one seems to be able to help. This is terrible. Recently learning people are moving away from dropbox and this supports good reason why not to use dropbox .

Janelle M.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue here.....and none of us can get an answer????  I've managed to figure out how to save them (one by one which will take me FOREVER), but they show up as small little pictures on my computer now.....there has to be another way.  I will not be continuing with Dropbox anymore, for this reason!

Jennifer J.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is anyone going to answer these above questions please???

Rene T.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same question.  I wonder if it is to force us to pay for more space on dropbox?  Since I have downloaded this app I have been getting warnings regularly that I am out of storage on my phone.  This is in addition to a 16G SD card that is almost empty.  I did not choose which photos went to dropbox.  I'm getting very annoyed that we cant get an answer and that my phone is being effected by this app.  As soon as I figure this out, Dropbox is gone.  I may reconsider if someone actually helps us.  I will not be forced to pay for my pictures, that's is just not right. 

Madeleine K.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

it is possible to download the picture and then save it any where you want.

it is possible also whith the right button of the mouse to save the picture.  but the file became  smaller...i would kike to know what about videos it take along time to download them..has somebody a solution...

Kate L.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It appears to me that we are all guilty of thinking of DROPBOX as multiple locations. There is only one DROPBOX, folks. It's floating in the ether so it services your phone and your computers no matter how many or wherever they may be. I am in the process of emailing my downloaded grandbaby pictures to my computer -- where I will not put them in Dropbox. I will put them in a computer folder. I attach about 8 pictures, address the yahoo message to myself and hit send and do it again and again, but then my pictures are on the phone in the gallery and I can use that to attach them to emails   and     they are safe in the folders on the laptop and the external photos only thumbdrive.....that's another step, but it's a click and drag easy step.

Need more support?