cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delet the auto sync of my.mac.local

how to delet the auto sync of my.mac.local

kleee
New member | Level 2

I just downgraded from my profeIssional to a basic account. because I have now only 2GB storage my dropbox is overloaded and does not synchronies any more. Ok thats fine, but. in my dropbox folder there is a File namend .....MacBook-Pro.local which wants to sync all my documents.  I deletet this file and lost all my document on my computer.  (super anoying!).  How do I cancel this auto sync option. All I want is my Dropboxfolder with a couple of files to share between my devices and other users.  

would be super thenkfull for your help!

3 Replies 3

Re: how to delet the auto sync of my.mac.local

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @kleee, thanks for reaching out to us!

It looks like you enabled the computer backup feature on your Dropbox application. 

You can disable it by following the steps in this article

Let me know if you need anything else!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kleee
New member | Level 2

Hi Hannah,

I did untick all the boxes in my backup settings. But my dropbox does not stop syncronise all my files. Its working since more than 8 hours with well internet connection. there is still the message my dropbox is full. And the time to finish the syncronising is changing randomly from 9 days to 2 Hours and 49minutes....... is there an option to delete all settings and start with a new basic dropbox. it really scares me that a program gets so much power on my computer to disable me completely.  

thanks

Hannah
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update and happy Friday!

It's normal that you'd still get the 'out of space' message, if you're over quota. The fact that the application is still trying to sync, though, is strange.

Can you please restart your computer and check if your desktop files are still syncing to your Dropbox?

And what is the sync status of the application at the moment? You can see that if you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    kleee New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?