cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how to sloved it There was an error downloading your file.

how to sloved it There was an error downloading your file.

mido22134
New member | Level 2

[image removed]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, I’ve deleted the image for your own privacy.

It’s possible that the folder from the shared link you’re trying to download is too large. Have you tried downloading the individual files to see if this helps?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, I’ve deleted the image for your own privacy.

It’s possible that the folder from the shared link you’re trying to download is too large. Have you tried downloading the individual files to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

yuvalzi
New member | Level 2

i have the same issue.
in my case you right, the problem is the size of the directory.
while i try to download the individual  sub-sub-folders it could download all of it.
how can we solve it? i don't want to download subsub folders every time i want my data.
i supposed to give a lot of data to my clients(i don't use google drive because of its bugs..), what i supposed to tell them? if you can't download a folder try download it subs?
i don't want them to be needed to register to dropbox.
what should i tell them to do?

Jay
Dropboxer
If the entire shared link is too large, there isn’t much you can do in this instance.

Perhaps by sharing the individual folders beneath it will allow you to download them without any issues.

However, depending on the number of immediate subfolders, you could have ten 10 shared links for all your data where before you had one only.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

yuvalzi
New member | Level 2

the problem is that i have an immediate subfolders which is too big.

Jay
Dropboxer

Then the only options are to split the subfolder into smaller batches which can be downloaded individually, or to share the folder within Dropbox, meaning they need their own Dropbox accounts with enough quota to add the folder to their account.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?