cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer folders and files from a Google Cloud Platform Storage to a Dropbox business account

how to transfer folders and files from a Google Cloud Platform Storage to a Dropbox business account

PaoloRioli
New member | Level 2

Hello 

I'm new here.

I have a Google Cloud Platform Storage ( not google drive ) full of all backup files, more or less 100 Tb, and I'd like to move all files into my Dropbox Business Cloud, hoping without downloading and uploading them again.

I didn't find any existing App, Api or workflow to do it. 

Have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Paolo

4 Replies 4

Re: how to transfer folders and files from a Google Cloud Platform Storage to a Dropbox business acc

Rich
Super User II

You'll need to use a third-party service, such as mover.io, or simply download and re-upload. Dropbox has no built-in functionality for such moves.

Re: how to transfer folders and files from a Google Cloud Platform Storage to a Dropbox business acc

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Paolo (@PaoloRioli), I'd suggest contacting our Sales team directly on this inquiry, as they could further guide you on how you could go about with the file transfer & help you choose the plan that matches your needs. I’ve also run a search on my end on our system & I’ve located your open conversation with my colleague via this channel. While I’ve included a note of your comments here on this email chain, I’m also at your entire disposal should you have any follow-up questions.

Thanks for checking in with us & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Gualha
New member | Level 2

It was solved?

I have the same challenge.

mw110
New member | Level 2

Was this solved? I also have a lot of data in GCP that I would like to transfer to Dropbox Business. What is the best way to do this? 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mw110 New member | Level 2
    Gualha New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?