cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i've got this alert.

i've got this alert.

closedbook12
New member | Level 2

캡처.PNG

Hello. 

Everytime I save a text file, i've got this alert.

In Korean, that means "Do you want to remove this file? This file cannot use in Dropbox and any devices if you move to $Deleted."

Please share your knowledge.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: i've got this alert.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @closedbook12,

The alert you are receiving just tries prevent removing something meaningful. That's it. Nothing special.

Key moment here is the way used by some software to save a file. Usually when you save a file its content gets updated. Yes but not! Wide practice by some software packages is removing/renaming the old file and then save updated version anew, not update the existing file (i.e. a file gets deleted). That's what Dropbox is signaling for. 😉 For such programs you can save the new file outside Dropbox folder and update the file by hand to avoid this warning. Otherwise just be careful what's into the warning and if nothing suspicious, just ignore it.

Hope this clarifies matter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @closedbook12,

The alert you are receiving just tries prevent removing something meaningful. That's it. Nothing special.

Key moment here is the way used by some software to save a file. Usually when you save a file its content gets updated. Yes but not! Wide practice by some software packages is removing/renaming the old file and then save updated version anew, not update the existing file (i.e. a file gets deleted). That's what Dropbox is signaling for. 😉 For such programs you can save the new file outside Dropbox folder and update the file by hand to avoid this warning. Otherwise just be careful what's into the warning and if nothing suspicious, just ignore it.

Hope this clarifies matter.

View solution in original post

closedbook12
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much. How kind you are!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

closedbook12 New member | Level 2
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?