cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 Mobile App Crashing

iOS 9 Mobile App Crashing

PartTimeMyth
Explorer | Level 3

I am very confused [and a little disappointed]. My phone for work requires iOS 9 to run specific applications [for testing]. I use dropbox constantly to document and transfer photos. Just yesterday, the app crashes constantly. The weird thing is it's intermittent and I cannot find any sort of consistency. Some times the app opens and has no difficulty loading information [photos and documents] and other times, the app crashes out of nowhere. When the app is opened without internet connection [wifi or cellular] it stays open without any issue at all. As soon as it is connected, it leads to this same issue. Please help, Dropbox, and restore iOS 9 usage of your wonderful app.

Troubleshooting I have done:

-clear cache

-sign out/sign in

-sign into different account

-delete app

-reinstall from App Store [96.2]

-install older version [92.3]

My current version of iOS = 9.3.1

Dropbox version = 96.2.4

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: iOS 9 Mobile App Crashing

Rich
Super User II

@PartTimeMyth wrote:

Please help, Dropbox, and restore iOS 9 usage of your wonderful app.

Dropbox requires iOS 12 or later. It's unlikely that it will continue to work reliably (if at all) on iOS 9.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@PartTimeMyth wrote:

Please help, Dropbox, and restore iOS 9 usage of your wonderful app.

Dropbox requires iOS 12 or later. It's unlikely that it will continue to work reliably (if at all) on iOS 9.

View solution in original post

PartTimeMyth
Explorer | Level 3

Although the most recent app requires iOS 12, the app that I have worked until just this past week. And it is intermittent. I was hoping someone who knows their server may be able to explain why this happens?

NASAgolfer
New member | Level 2

I too have encountered the same problem as PartTimeMyth recently (within the last week).

My mobile system is old:    Ipad mini 1, iOS 9.3.5

old dropbox app:    version 96.2.4

Although old, it worked flawlessly for years.  However, within the last week, when I open the app it crashes.

I also am able to open the app without a wifi internet connection; but unfortunately can't open any file without a wifi connection.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

NASAgolfer New member | Level 2
    PartTimeMyth Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?