cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app won't show business folders

iOS app won't show business folders

edsnails
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've just upgraded from free accounts to Dropbox Business.

My team had access to some shared folders and we use a 3rd party iPad app (Documents by Readdle) to sync the folders and display the content.

- We have heavy PDF usage and the way Dropbox app on iOS changes pages on a PDF isn't suitable (scrolling rather than viewing page at a time).

So as I have logged in to Dropbox through the 3rd party App (Documents) I find that it will only show my one personal folder and not display any of the shared business folders.

Photo below is the dropbox app on iOS - personal folder in purple is the only folder that shows through to Documents app once linked. It won't show any of the 4 other business folders.

dropbox appdropbox appk

documents app syncs to dropbox via app login but then comes back and returns only the folders in the first 'personal' folder that I have.documents by readdledocuments by readdle

I've tried several other iOS apps - PDF Expert (also by Readdle), Polaris Office, WPS Office - all have the same sync issues.

The iOS 'Files' app shows all the folders properly - BUT it doesn't display PDFs the way I need them to.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I changed over not realising this would be an issue and I'm going to have HUGE issues if my team can't show PDFs properly to clients tomorrow.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Do you have two separate accounts, one personal and one business, that you've linked together on the Dropbox website?

If so, and best guess... the third-party apps aren't able to handle linked accounts. The Dropbox iOS app can handle this situation. Third-party apps would need to be capable of that as well. I don't know if that's possible using the Dropbox API, which is what third-party apps use to communicate with Dropbox.

Your best bet will be to reach out to the developers of the app(s) that you're using, as only they can provide support for their app. Dropbox cannot support third-party applications.

One thought though, have you tried to log out of the third-party app and log back in using the email address used for your Dropbox Business account?

View solution in original post

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Looks like you’re on the new structure of a Dropbox Business team, which we have some information about here.

As that’s the case, most likely Readdle hasn’t updated their app to take into consideration this, as they can’t apparently access team folders in the Dropbox Business team. Seeing as the icon they’re using for Dropbox is the old icon, it is possible that they haven’t updated it for some time.

However, could you try updating the app on your device to see if that helps, if you’re instead running the older version somehow?

Otherwise, we’d recommend getting in contact with them in order to resolve this matter, since they’re not viewing the Dropbox team folder.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Do you have two separate accounts, one personal and one business, that you've linked together on the Dropbox website?

If so, and best guess... the third-party apps aren't able to handle linked accounts. The Dropbox iOS app can handle this situation. Third-party apps would need to be capable of that as well. I don't know if that's possible using the Dropbox API, which is what third-party apps use to communicate with Dropbox.

Your best bet will be to reach out to the developers of the app(s) that you're using, as only they can provide support for their app. Dropbox cannot support third-party applications.

One thought though, have you tried to log out of the third-party app and log back in using the email address used for your Dropbox Business account?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Looks like you’re on the new structure of a Dropbox Business team, which we have some information about here.

As that’s the case, most likely Readdle hasn’t updated their app to take into consideration this, as they can’t apparently access team folders in the Dropbox Business team. Seeing as the icon they’re using for Dropbox is the old icon, it is possible that they haven’t updated it for some time.

However, could you try updating the app on your device to see if that helps, if you’re instead running the older version somehow?

Otherwise, we’d recommend getting in contact with them in order to resolve this matter, since they’re not viewing the Dropbox team folder.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

paulineadp
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've been having exactly the same issue with a LOT of apps I use for business - I can't access my main folder, just the other one. There are no issues with the sharing permissions and dropbox have been absolutely no help in assisting either, basically saying it's not their problem! I only moved from box sync to them as was having sync issues but if I can't see my files where I need them it's not much use.

If anyone has any ideas or has managed to crack this, would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, dropbox help it seems doesn't exist

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Sadly if the issue is with third parties (as it seems to be based on those images) Dropbox support cant help - the only people who can are the third party developers themselves.

Have you contacted the app developers you are having issues with to see if they are even aware of it? They should be as this change isnt a new one - it was well documented, but, that doesnt mean they've updated apps etc.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

paulineadp
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes I'm currently in discussions with all the 3rd party apps which is taking up a lot of my time.

jandrasko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Has anyone found a solution here? Super frustrating not to be able to save mark-ups in PDF Expert (or other apps) to my dropbox business team folders. 

Any ideas?

jandrasko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Edsnails- any chance you've found any work-arounds for this? It's driving me mad; potentially worth giving up dropbox if it can't be resolved...

edsnails
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Seems like it’s up to the app developer to implement it. Which most should have by now really - it works fine in Apple Files App.
In the end I had to revert a few folders back to the old style (we only use a few specific folders in Readdle’s Documents app anyway) so they could be viewed again and the rest are in the new team format.

ms2019
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is the problem I now have with Notability - only sees the personal folder (with my name), not team-space area. Using Dropbox Business. Submitted a problem report to Notability folks yesterday with no response yet. We'll see.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vitruvius New member | Level 2
    jandrasko Explorer | Level 4
    _Nadine_ New member | Level 2
    ms2019 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?