cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS saving webpages from Safari to Dropbox as PDF - change in behaviour?

iOS saving webpages from Safari to Dropbox as PDF - change in behaviour?

Collaborator | Level 9

On my iPhone, I have noticed that when I save a webpage as a PDF document from Safari to Dropbox, the upload process has started to add some uneccessary header information to the saved page.  

Is there any way to disable this or prevent it from hapenning?  I use my iPhone to save online reports, academic papers and other web sources to PDF because it used to allow me to save directly to Dropbox without needing to save, rename, upload. 

I really need unadulterated copies of the webpage without the dropbox header for my workflow.

The bit in the red circle is added by Dropbox on upload.  I really need DB to revert to just saving the content.The bit in the red circle is added by Dropbox on upload. I really need DB to revert to just saving the content.

4 Replies 4

Re: iOS saving webpages from Safari to Dropbox as PDF - change in behaviour?

Dropboxer

Hi @Mark W., thanks for posting today!

Since this URL appears to be a local file on your computer, and not an actual file directly on the Dropbox site, could you clarify exactly where you're seeing this message?

Does this same message appear when viewing a file on the Dropbox site?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Collaborator | Level 9

When I save a webpage to PDF, from Safari, on my iPhone, using dropbox - the resulting PDF has that header attached.

No matter where I view them from - it is embedded into the PDF file.

If, for example, I saved this page to PDF from my iPhone, the page would have that header attached.

It's one of the features the dropbox adds to the share options on my iPhone, accessed through this menu:

Screenshot2.jpg

Dropboxer

Hey @Mark W.!

As a workaround, once you tap "Share" to try and save the webpage, can you try tapping the "Options" shown under "BBC News" in your screenshot.

From there, tap "PDF" and "Done" from the top right. You'll then see an option for "Save to Files".

You can navigate to the correct Dropbox location through there and upload the file that way. In this case, does that remove the header for you?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Collaborator | Level 9

That could work - however, due to a battery life issue, I have just been advised to unlink dropbox from the iOS files app by Dropbox support.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?