cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad : How do I select all my files in Dropbox and export them in iCloud ?

iPad : How do I select all my files in Dropbox and export them in iCloud ?

WHITE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Dropbox users !,

my Question : 

I have an iPad. What is the exact step to enable exporting all the Dropbox files, pdf, etc, to iCloud or to any other cloud storage app ?

Is there a way to bulk export all or most of the files ? 

I cannot find any button or action allowing me to select one or all files and export them to

a service like iCloud or iCloud Drive, or to any other app such as a pdf app.

thank you for guiding me !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, currently there isn’t a way to export all files at once, at least via the mobile app on an iOS device.

There might be a method using the iOS Files app, though we wouldn’t have any info on how to do this on our end.

On a desktop, you might be able to copy files from the Dropbox folder into iCloud via the method you normally send files there. Again though you’d have to refer to the documentation on how to do that.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, currently there isn’t a way to export all files at once, at least via the mobile app on an iOS device.

There might be a method using the iOS Files app, though we wouldn’t have any info on how to do this on our end.

On a desktop, you might be able to copy files from the Dropbox folder into iCloud via the method you normally send files there. Again though you’d have to refer to the documentation on how to do that.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nd3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Useless info

josephjn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I am sorry if it seems sarcastic because it is not:

Are you legally ALLOWED to add useful interface features on iOS such as the one requested above? I think an option to place all folders at the top or at the bottom before/after respectively sorting would also be useful on iOS.

Similarly, are you legally ALLOWED to make the Android UI less cluttered and less redundant?

Like anything else with iOS vs. Android, it seems the patents Google and Apple have both “conquered” leave the customers feeling like they have bought a car which comes with 1,000 horsepower and only 500 of it is useable when because 90% of the time it is using the rest to send all driving information back to the dealership and manufacturer and parts manufacturers, OR the car only wants to drive on roads approved of by the manufacturer which limits the production of 3rd party replacement parts of the parts are not proprietary.

Again, I am sorry if it seems rude to ask, but I am thoroughly annoyed after years of nothing but disappointment with all mobile devices.

Saddle Tramp
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It is indeed frustrating. I own only an iPad and a Dropbox account with a ton on there. I just want to copy the entirety of my Dropbox to icloud easily. Select all move. I think it can be done somehow in the files app on the iPad but not sure. It seems kind of obvious the two parties don't get along? Neither one will help me and their the experts. I've been periodically chasing this. Ideally I would like to exist in the apple ecosystem entirely. Not a fanboy. The walled garden sucks sometimes but I don't want to f around where it becomes more about the process than the actual goal. Trade offs will be made I know. The apple zoo just works for me.

therealjazzchef
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That is such a non-answer. Can you say: “Glaring product deficiency?”

How about an update to allow that to happen?  

Ask yourself, DROPBOX, why WOULDN’T the user want to be able to save multiple files at once?  Why should they have to resort to a desktop or laptop, to do something this simple?

NIKOLA4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I had the same issue, but on iphone SE 2020. I did not find any information on the internet, even though it has been more than 3 years since you requested solution. 

Anyways what I've done is: 

1. Open Safari.

2. Navigate to dropbox.com

3. DO NOT ENTER THE APP, continue with logging in to your profile on the website.

4. Go to the folder with you photos or to all files. Click on the checkbox above all files. Then click the three dots, download. This will download zip file to the FILES app on your IOS device. 

5. When it's done, open the FILES app. Go to downloads or recents and click on the icon of the zip file you just downloaded. [if you downloaded all the files from folder "FAMILY", the file should probably be named FAMILY.zip]. This will create a folder [for example "FAMILY'"] in the downloads or recents in the FILE app which contains all of the photos you want to download.

6. Now open the folder and, in the top-right corner click the three dots > select and click the select all in the top-left corner. 

7. After you have selected all of the photos, click the box with the arrow in the bottom-left corner and click save images.

Now you have all your images in the recents folder in your photos app. 

My software is IOS 14.7.1

I hope this helped. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

NIKOLA4 New member | Level 2
    therealjazzchef New member | Level 2
    Saddle Tramp Explorer | Level 4
    josephjn Explorer | Level 4
    Nd3 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?