cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad OS Files not showing.

Highlighted

iPad OS Files not showing.

Explorer | Level 3

0482D611-7804-4706-A9AD-0234449E41F2.png

Ok Guys and girls I can anyone tell me if there is any limits when using Dropbox within IPad OS files app? I keep getting this error speradically and it is getting annoying. Could this be character limits for the folder/files path?

regards

Dave

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: iPad OS Files not showing.

Dropboxer

Hi @Dave Rowland, thanks for messaging the Community!

We're not experiencing this issue on our end. Are you able to access that folder via the Dropbox mobile app?

Could you try disabling Dropbox from the Locations tab in the iOS Files app, reboot the device, and re-enable it to see if this helps?

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your response, I am not experiencing the error from within the Dropbox app.

I have tried disabling the location and doing a reboot but still the same.

I have noticed that this error is specific only to this folder, when getting it on other folders retry and they show. The folder in the image will not show data, where it is located it has 2 parent folders and contains files and folders with some quite long names, going back to my query re limitations of the file names.  

I have also noted this error i unique to my 2020 gen 4 iPad Pro running iOS 14 i have also connected my Dropbox account to a gen 1 iPad Pro (also running iOS 14) and when accessing via files app I don't get the error.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Long folder names should only affect Windows devices, since there is a built-in limitation on this. I'm not aware of any restrictions on iOS devices. 

Additionally, if this folder loads in the Dropbox mobile app, but not the iOS Files app, then you'd need to contact Apple for further assistance on this matter, since only their app is experiencing the issue.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?