cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Photo Sync

iPhone Photo Sync

jstring
Explorer | Level 3

Why do my photos only upload when I open the Dropbox app?  Is there a way to make them upload in the background without me needing to open the Dropbox app?

5 Replies 5

Re: iPhone Photo Sync

Rich
Super User II

@jstring wrote:

Why do my photos only upload when I open the Dropbox app?  Is there a way to make them upload in the background without me needing to open the Dropbox app?

Have you enabled background app refresh for Dropbox in your iOS Settings, and have you allowed Dropbox to access location services?

jstring
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply.  Yes and yes.  Sorry for not saying so in my original post.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @jstring, could you try toggling the option off and on? Maybe that will do the trick.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jstring
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the suggestion Lusil.  It did not seem to make a difference.  My photos do not upload until I open the Dropbox app on my phone.  As soon as I open the app they begin uploading.  I am on a free plan, I mainly want to make sure this works before upgrading to a paid plan.  I will not remember to open Dropbox every time I take a photo.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for trying that out, @jstring

In this case, could you also try clearing cache and making sure that you don't have any pending OS updates?

If that doesn't do the trick, the next step I would suggest would be a reinstall of the mobile app.

Just remember that, since you're on a Basic plan, you'll have to make sure that you've got less than three devices connected to continue. 

You can do that by having a look through your Security tab online. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?