cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image loading

robbd
Explorer | Level 3

jpg Image files just do not load into folders. Image file loading process stops at like one second left trying to load one image file.

I have a paid subscription to DropBox.

I'm on an iMac and macOS Catalina version 10.15.7

I've used DropBox for many years. Sometimes it's just plain slow. But now it won't even finish loading a file.

Not sure where the glitch or complexity may be. Greatly appreciated if anyone has an idea.

Thank you, robb

5 Replies 5

Re: image loading

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @robbd, let's see what we can do here. 

Are you trying to preview these images through the website or the desktop app?

Are you having this issue with specific files or is it all .jpg photos in general?

If you get any error messages, send me a screenshot for a better visual. 

Give me a shout whenever you have a moment to check this out, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

robbd
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Are you trying to preview these images through the website or the desktop app? Neither work correctly!

Are you having this issue with specific files or is it all .jpg photos in general? Any Jpg files just DO NOT finalize loading. It's very annoying, why does this happen? It's not on my end, as some will load (so initially Dropbox is working) and then the jpg files stop loading at like one second left and nothing happens. Why is this occuring?

If you get any error messages, send me a screenshot for a better visual. No error messages

Give me a shout whenever you have a moment to check this out, thanks! Please help me or I'll to discontinue Dropbox service.

Thank you, robb

Lusil

Lusil
Dropboxer
Were these files sent to you or did you upload them yourself?

Could you also try connecting to a different WiFi network to see if that triggers a different response?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

robbd
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil and thank you for working with me. I just tried 'Safari' and it uploaded a jpg image. So maybe the problem is with 'Firefox'. If it persists, I'll purchase a new Gateway product that combines modem and router together. And make sure it's approved by Comcast internet provider. thank you, robb

Lusil
Dropboxer
I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve this in the end, @robbd

If anything else comes up in the future, you know where to find us. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead of you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?