cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link to folder no longer working

link to folder no longer working

aydron
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all,

Our team just switched over to dropbox and I just came back from a few days off so I downloaded the dropbox client and made a new work account to use. I used a link my boss provided to access a shared folder and I saw the option to 'add to dropbox' thinking this meant I can have this accessible via the desktop client. it started to sync however since I was not part of the dropbox business team yet it stopped at 2gb. I requested to be part of the business team but when I refreshed my browser, i was told that the page i was just on doesn't exist. 

when I try to use the link again I am met with the same error. I am afraid that I somehow took all of the files off of the shared folder? Is that even possible? Why would this even be a feature? When I look at my desktop client, the files only have me as a member. Apparently there also is an error with me being added to my team saying to "try again later". Did I do something terribly wrong when I pressed "add to dropbox"?

Thank you all in advanced

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: link to folder no longer working

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @aydron, thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong with the shared folder, but it seems like it's more than what your account could hold.

This only means that your account is out of available storage and syncing has stopped, until you bring your quota below the max limit. 

Do you need to have edit access to that folder, or do you simply need to preview its contents?

As for being added to the team, could you ask the admin to try inviting you from another browser? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Give me a shout whenever you have any updates on this, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @aydron, thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong with the shared folder, but it seems like it's more than what your account could hold.

This only means that your account is out of available storage and syncing has stopped, until you bring your quota below the max limit. 

Do you need to have edit access to that folder, or do you simply need to preview its contents?

As for being added to the team, could you ask the admin to try inviting you from another browser? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Give me a shout whenever you have any updates on this, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

aydron
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for clarifying the issue. You are correct, I guess i just starting downloading all the files onto my own dropbox folder but once my teammates were able to add me (needing to use a different browser it sounds like) I was able to get access to everything else. 

I was really worried that i had somehow moved files away from the teams folder but that wasn't the case. Sorry for freaking out but thankful for your help!

Lusil
Dropboxer
No worries, that's what we're here for after all! 

If anything else comes up or you have any other questions, don't hesitate to get back to us. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?