cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost all files

lost all files

gostir
New member | Level 2

hi i lost my all files, today dropbox.

today dropbox sent me a message that all files have been deleted. The files are used by other people from the small filry. What to do now? We have basic versions. How to recover files?

Please help!!!

12 Replies 12

Re: lost all files

Mark
Super User II

You can follow https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete to get them back 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Timmusician
Explorer | Level 4
Good luck with that one. I have had similar problems and, luckily for me, I had backups on Google Drive. I have stopped using my paid for DB account and still can't get rid of the DB folder from my computer even after unlinking them. Every time I save a file to my desktop it includes dropbox/desktop in the path. I can't do anything about it. It has totally taken control of my computer

Rich
Super User II

@Timmusician wrote:
Every time I save a file to my desktop it includes dropbox/desktop in the path. I can't do anything about it.

You have the computer backup feature enabled.

Timmusician
Explorer | Level 4
I've turned off the computer back-up off. Still same problem

Nazrie
New member | Level 2
Try to check this out for your guidance
https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete

Daphne
Dropboxer
Could you let me know which OS version your computer is using @Timmusician?

I'd be happy to help with this, and that info will allow me to give more precise steps - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Timmusician
Explorer | Level 4
Windows 10

gostir
New member | Level 2

windows 10 pro

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me here!

Since the computer backup has been disabled @Timmusician, can you please follow these steps to reset the folder path for your Desktop/Download/Documents folders (whichever appear in the "My PC" folder)?

@gostir, did you have the chance to check out the steps in the article Mark linked for you here?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?