cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: lost files

lost files

dan63
New member | Level 2

hi 

I think recently dropbox said they are downsizing the free space to 200 mb. and my previous files are all lost. 

is it possible to recover them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

You need to look at the same place - www.dropbox.com/events or do a search for it on Dropbox and the computer. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox quota is 2gb unless you have paid account or bonuses. However, a reduction in quota does NOT delete files so that isnt what has removed them. 

You can see deleted files at www.dropbox.com/events and recover from there within 30 days of deletion. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CTMarketing
New member | Level 2

I have lost files on a paid account. Stuff I was working yesterday was not in the folder today.

Mark
Super User II

You need to look at the same place - www.dropbox.com/events or do a search for it on Dropbox and the computer. 

View solution in original post

CTMarketing
New member | Level 2

Yep. Nothing.

Mark
Super User II

If its not on www.dropbox.com/events the file has never been on Dropbox I'm afraid - so something on the machine stopped it uploading. It should, however, still be on the computer you used

dan63
New member | Level 2

found the files. thank you so much 

Need more support?