cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: lost most of my data

lost most of my data

louise12
New member | Level 2

Hi there

I've been using Dropbox for about 10 years and store ALL my data (documents, photos, everything...) and was super organized. 

My laptop (Macbook Pro) crashed last night. I took it to be repaired today and the guy fixing it had to restore it and update the software, however, he managed to keep all my data on my laptop which is great. So I turn it on and it's back to normal apart from a few apps which I've had to re-install. 

I went into my Dropbox file via the website and was shocked as most of my files are empty. 

I realized I had to re-install Dropbox on my laptop so I did this thinking this may be the problem but it's not. 

I've no idea what's happened.  

Can anyone help me / advise what to do please? 

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

What does www.dropbox.com/events show? What about www.dropbox.com/account ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

louise12
New member | Level 2

I've just gone into deleted files again and saw ALL my data there. 

It only looked like there were a few files but 1 of the links had thousands of images. 

No idea how on earth the data has ended up in deleted. 

I restored and everything is thankfully back to normal. 

I'm now trying to work out how to prevent this from happening again. 

Thanks so much for your reply. 

Need more support?