cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost photos - how can I restore them?

lost photos - how can I restore them?

juliemoyer86
Explorer | Level 3

Hi I was recently on my dropbox about a month ago and all my pictures where there. I checked my deleted files and the events and they aren't there. They are very important what happened to them Dropbox. I am very sad and pissed.

6 Replies 6

Re: lost photos

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

juliemoyer86
Explorer | Level 3

HI Mark 

Under events it won't let me see the photos that were deleted for me to know if I accidentally deleted them. I can only view the ones that were recently uploaded.

Mark
Super User II

Do they not appear at all?

If that is the case they were either removed over 6 months ago or never actually uploaded - either way I'm afraid they are not recoverable 😞 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

juliemoyer86
Explorer | Level 3

They were there about a month ago and yesterday they were gone. Did dropbox update within the last month?

juliemoyer86
Explorer | Level 3

I see in the activity folder items deleted and the dates they were deleted? Is there any way to recover them?

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox hasnt done any updates, no. 

Recovery depends upon when they were deleted and what payment plan you are on. If it was within 30 days and you are a free user then, yes, they are recoverable: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete if it was over 30 days and you dont pay I'm afraid no, they are not recoverable. If you pay then you have 180 days to restore (note that paying now will not extend your recovery period of those files). 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    juliemoyer86 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?