cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managing one account on multiple computers

managing one account on multiple computers

BenStewart98765
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Helloo,

I have one dropbox (plus) account and 2 laptops. One laptop I've given to my new employee Braden. I have personal and work related folders on the account. I want to configure what folders the other laptop has access to ie i only want it to have access to the work folders. I could get Bradens laptop and uncheck the selective sync boxes but they could potentially be re synced if someone modified the selective sync settings. I want a solution that i have control over. 

I'm open to going to dropbox business if that would provide the solution im after?

Can anyone help there? TIA- Ben 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there Ben - how are you today?

Since the selective sync settings you apply are device specific and what you mention can happen indeed, I think the best way to go from here would be to upgrade to a Business plan (these plans come with a minimum of 3 users/licenses) and invite Braden (your employee) to the team. 

I am only saying this since our Dropbox Plus plan is an individual one and, also, it's not possible to password protect Dropbox, or any of the folders inside to achieve the outcome you originally wanted.

If you're indeed interested in the Dropbox Business platform, I have included more information at the following link for you to take a look at: 

https://www.dropbox.com/business/plans-comparison

In closing, please feel free to contact our sales team too if you have any more questions at: https://www.dropbox.com/business/contact

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need anything else @BenStewart98765

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there Ben - how are you today?

Since the selective sync settings you apply are device specific and what you mention can happen indeed, I think the best way to go from here would be to upgrade to a Business plan (these plans come with a minimum of 3 users/licenses) and invite Braden (your employee) to the team. 

I am only saying this since our Dropbox Plus plan is an individual one and, also, it's not possible to password protect Dropbox, or any of the folders inside to achieve the outcome you originally wanted.

If you're indeed interested in the Dropbox Business platform, I have included more information at the following link for you to take a look at: 

https://www.dropbox.com/business/plans-comparison

In closing, please feel free to contact our sales team too if you have any more questions at: https://www.dropbox.com/business/contact

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need anything else @BenStewart98765

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Bert5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I think you're suggestion that the way to fix the look of Dropbox from one computer to another is to upgrade is one of the scumbagiest douchebagiest **bleep**ed up answers I've ever heard to any question on the Internet and God dam that saying a lot you stupid stupid **bleep**.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bert5 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?