cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing file

missing file

Laura87
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I've been working yesterday in QGIS and at some point, it crashed. I've closed it to reopen, it does that a lot. Well, when I opened the program again, the file .qgz was missing from Dropbox. It appeared as I've deleted it, and I couldn't find it anywhere, not in the trash.

Please advise what should I do.

Thanks

Laura

3 Replies 3

Re: missing file

Mark
Super User II

As long as the file had uploaded to Dropbox - which often doesnt happen if the file is open at the time, you can restore via https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Laura87
New member | Level 2

It doesen t appear in the "deleted files" section, in order for me to restore it.

There is just one mention of this file in the Events page, I ve tried to download it from there, but when it is downloaded it has 0 B.

In the events page, the file appears to have 68.41 kb

any ideas?

Mark
Super User II

Looks like its not been uploaded I'm afraid - the only place to look now is on your computer itself. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?