cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing files, confused!

missing files, confused!

et21
New member | Level 2

hi there, 

I logged into Dropbox after not having used it for a few years. All my files are gone..! Is there some automatic deletion after inactivity or something I'm not aware of ?? I haven't been notified of any security breaches. Nothing in 'recents' or 'deleted'. I am so confused! 

3 Replies 3

Re: missing files, confused!

Rich
Super User II

@et21 wrote:

I logged into Dropbox after not having used it for a few years. All my files are gone..!

If your account was idle for more than a year, then it would have been deleted due to inactivity. You're likely signed in to a new, empty account.

et21
New member | Level 2

Oh gosh! Well that would explain it, but what a terrible design flaw. Lots of people use Dropbox as backups to store things they may not need day-to-day. I've lost precious photos.

et21
New member | Level 2

Forgot to say thanks.

I was never notified of inactivity like the page linked says so this was a very upsetting thing to find.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

et21 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?