cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: multiple drop boxes

multiple drop boxes

Schabo7
New member | Level 2

I have my own Dropbox account.  I recently was working on a project with a company that used Dropbox to share files.  In fact, they shared so high-resolution video files with me that I quickly ran out of space.  When I attempted to delete some files, I was horrified to learn that I had deleted them from the company's Dropbox account, also.  The company promptly set me up with their Dropbox account so now I have two Dropbox accounts on my desktop. My question is, if I delete the old company material from my personal Dropbox will it again affect the corporate Dropbox?

1 Reply 1

Re: multiple drop boxes

Rich
Super User II

@Schabo7 wrote:

My question is, if I delete the old company material from my personal Dropbox will it again affect the corporate Dropbox?

If it's still shared with you, yes. Instead, remove the share folder from your account.

Need more support?