cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my friends are responding that they cannot view the shared link and getting to sign in page with 404

my friends are responding that they cannot view the shared link and getting to sign in page with 404

sanjayhanda
New member | Level 2

my friends are responding that they cannot view the shared link and getting to sign in page with 404 error

i have checked all the sharing settings on your forum, nothing is changed from what it was from last 3-4 years, all of a sudden it isnt working and i have lot of people whom i have shared these links with and constantly updates the same files 

this is really need a fixing and i need some serious help with this ASAP

my friends/colleagues response that dropbox links were good because they dont require sign in to view and if they need to create account than better use google or MS

Please note i have access to both Gsuite and One drive with 2TB storage but i am using dropbox for sharing information more because of the same reason of people not requiring to sign in, please help me to stay on dropbox 

1 Reply 1

Re: my friends are responding that they cannot view the shared link and getting to sign in page w...

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @sanjayhanda, thanks for joining our Community!

It sounds like your links are probably banned due to excessive traffic, most likely because your recipients download the files a lot.

If this is your first time, the ban will expire in 24 hours, however, you'll need to be careful, not to exceed your daily bandwidth limit, which you can see in the hyperlinked article above.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?