cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to recover data after a team account merge

need to recover data after a team account merge

jalthirus
New member | Level 2

so me and a friend were exporing options to send videos for editing on our YT channel, however we figured out the dropbox account was aking and doing things we did not know about. upon removing me from the team though, my PERSONAL files were deleted, apparently dropbox has decived that by having me removed from the team wich was being deleted, it wanted to take out my orignal account as well, thus taking out not-work related files! when i went to loggin to see what was happening it acted like i never had abn account in the first place so i need to know:

what happened to my orginal account?

where are my orignal files from my personal acocunt?

1 Reply 1

Re: need to recover data after a team account merge

Rich
Super User II

@jalthirus wrote:

what happened to my orginal account?

where are my orignal files from my personal acocunt?

The short answer to both questions is "They're gone."

When you joined the team, you merged your account into the team account. Basically, your account then belonged to the team admin. If the team admin then removes you from the team, the account is simply deleted. To instead return the account to the previous owner, the team admin needs to convert it back to an individual account.

If your account was removed by the admin, and thus deleted, the team admin has seven days to restore the account. Once restored, they can convert it back to an individual account.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?