cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no access to provided files

no access to provided files

Helpful | Level 5

A person in Australia shared a file with me and sent me a dropbox link (already three times)

However, once logged in Dropbox, I cannot access it: the message is like `You have no access. You can invite the person that shared the link and ask him to invite you.`

He copy-pasted the link and sent it to the mail adress I am registered in Dropbox (I have changed this mail adress recently as it was different to the one he was originally inviting me with)

Does anyone have an idea what is the solution to this problem ? I never had problems with Dropbox before and always successfully received and shared files.

! Urgent matter ! already lost a few days due to this issue 

Thanks a lot !!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: no access to provided files

Helpful | Level 5

The sender wrote me another mail today with a dropbox link, with which it worked now. I received the file as suual.

I think he did something wrong in copy-pasting the link into the mail or something similar.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your efforts 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dropboxer

Hey @Martin 2012, I'd be happy to help look into this with you!

Are you signed in with the same email address that your Dropbox account is associated with?

You can check that out by going to the General tab online. 

Have a look and let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5
I have changed that mail address recently. Now I sign in with this new adress which is also the only one shown in the general info tab (the old one plays no role anymore, right?).
The link from my Australian colleague goes to that mail adress as well. Why do you think that has to do with the mail address?
However both the old and the new mail adress are somewhat connected with each other as they are both business mail addresses from my employer.
Thanks

Dropboxer

Hey @Martin 2012; sorry to jump in here, but could you confirm that they're using these steps to share the file in question?

Do you see it in your account's Shared Tab at all? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

The sender wrote me another mail today with a dropbox link, with which it worked now. I received the file as suual.

I think he did something wrong in copy-pasting the link into the mail or something similar.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your efforts 

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

No worries, Martin. I'm glad to hear it's sorted now.

See you around the Community and take care!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks a lot, same to you 

Martin

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?