cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no choice of where to download?

no choice of where to download?

JGinPA
New member | Level 2

Yes, you automatically download to whatever folder my browser normally saves to, but why not give an option to choose where it's going each time?  Currently, I have to save to the default folder, then open that folder and move (cut and paste) the file to the folder it has to go in.  Why not just pop up a box saying "where do you want to download this to?"

Also, why not be able to just drag and drop a file right out of dropbox?  You show recent activity.  If 20 people send me a file, and they're on my Recent screen, I'd love to just drag that file right to the folder it has to be downloaded to.  Not a link (what you currently have), because I want to delete the file in dropbox, but the actual file.

1 Reply 1

Re: no choice of where to download?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @JGinPA, thanks for posting here. 

In general, the location of the files you download is a function mainly handled by your browser, not the Dropbox website. 

As for the Recents tab, you're right, it does give you a preview of your most recent activity, and doesn't have many actionable options. 

You can post these ideas here separately to make sure that they each get the attention they deserve. 

In the meantime, if you have any other thoughts, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. Cheers!

PS. You can check out this link for some tips on how to share your ideas with us.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?