cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no syncing problem but my shared folder is not being updated when one shared user edits

Highlighted

no syncing problem but my shared folder is not being updated when one shared user edits

Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I am having a problem with my shared folders. I only shared certain folders with a ceratin user and i do not see the syncing symbole at the bottom so everything is up to date but for some reason when I update a file in one user it doesnt not show the updated file in the other user. Any ideas why that is?

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: no syncing problem but my shared folder is not being updated when one shared user edits

Dropboxer

Hi @mamier, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Can you let me know if you see the updates online in the account where the files were added? 

What about in the second user's account online?

This will help us to narrow down where the syncing issue is occurring.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: no syncing problem but my shared folder is not being updated when one shared user edits

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne

Sorry for the delay I didnt realise your replied. I logged onto both and online they are exactly the same on dropbox.com but for some reason on the desktop they are both not syncing.

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @mamier!

In that case, could you let me know what the exact sync status shows for the desktop app on each device?

If there are any errors, please send along a screenshot (excluding any personal info).

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply, this is the thing, both done show any errors and show that they are synced but its definitely not the case. I will explain the complete situation in case it is relevant. Both Dropbox accounts are on the same desktop but on different users on windows 10. One is admin and other is guest. For Admin which is me I have full access to dropbox and for guest its only certain files they can see which I have shared. When you log on top dropbox.com you will see that the folders I have shared are showing as shared on there too. Thanks in advance

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Appreciate the additional info there @mamier!

Do the files that are not syncing to the computer have any incompatible characters for the Windows OS?

You can check out a full list of these characters from here.

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

It is only very few files. one of which is an excel sheet and no special symbols. I just checked the list and none applies

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @mamier, thanks for getting back to us with this information. 

Out of curiosity, are both desktop apps on the latest stable version (107.4.443)?

Could you also make sure that the folders aren't selectively synced on each desktop app?

Let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?