cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not enough storage

not enough storage

brandi81
New member | Level 2

I feel very frustrated. I am new-ish to dropbox, and kind of want to scream. I have nothing in my dropbox, yet when I try a open a file that a friend is trying to share with me, it says I do not have enough space, yet my drop box is literally empty. I will be damned if I am going to pay $120/year for this crap. Can anyone help me with whats going on? 

2 Replies 2

Re: not enough storage

Rich
Super User II

@brandi81 wrote:

... when I try a open a file that a friend is trying to share with me, it says I do not have enough space, yet my drop box is literally empty.

The folder that you're friend is trying to share with you is larger than the amount of available space within your own account. Since a shared folder exists within your account, you need enough available space in your account to hold the entire folder.

If you don't need to modify the content of the folder, and just need download access, tell your friend to send you a shared link instead.

Re: not enough storage

brandi81
New member | Level 2

Thank you! I will give it a shot. 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

brandi81 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?