cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: not syncing on hotspot

not syncing on hotspot

Fran80
New member | Level 2

Hi there. I have been working on my mobile hotspot for several months and never had an issue with syncing dropbox. All of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. It's just stuck. As soon as I am on a different wireless network my folders update just fine.

Is there anything I can do to make dropbox sync again when on my hotspot?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Celeste
Dropboxer

Hi there @Fran80, welcome to the Community! 

To clarify, are you connecting a desktop device to the internet using your mobile hotspot, or connecting your mobile device to the internet using cellular data? 

Does the issue persist if you reinstall the application on either platform and reboot the devices?

Let me know and we can take it from there - thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Fran80
New member | Level 2

Hi Celeste,

it's the first scenario. I am connecting my laptop to the internet using the hotspot on my mobile phone. 

I did reinstall dropbox on my laptop but that did not help so far.

Celeste
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @Fran80!

Are you able to use other laptop apps using the mobile hotspot, or is it universal to all programs? 

Does a hotspot connection work if you use a different mobile device's hotspot source?

This may also be due to a hotspot setting on the mobile device itself and so I'd recommend checking with the device's manufacturer or support. 

Thanks!

Celeste

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Fran80
New member | Level 2

Dropbox is the only application that is giving me problems. Everything else is fine including streaming (Netflix for example). I did however just check with someone elses's hotspot and it is working on theirs. so maybe a phone issue?

Celeste
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me posted! 

Since the hotspot source of another mobile device works, I'd recommend reviewing your mobile device's hotspot set-up. 

Have a look at the network settings, and review the amount of data left as well, in case those are affecting factors. :gear:

From there, I'd also check with the manufacturer in case there are any other internal settings that you can refresh. 

Let me know what you find! 

Celeste

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?