cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online updating documents

online updating documents

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I could not find the right answer yet. I can only download Dropbox for S-mode on my windows computer. I don't know why I cannot download the 'not S-mode'. Problem now is that my collegue can open the files online and the changes she make will directly be saved. I have top open the file from Dropbox in Word at my compueter, change text, then save it on my computer and delete the old item in Dropbox en import the updated one. If my collegua works in the same time in that file, then we have a problem.

I cannot find how I myself can work ONLINE in the file in Dropbox so that my changes will also directly be visible in the file. Who can help me? 

1 Reply 1

Re: online updating documents

Dropboxer

Hi @Elles Bindels, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this. It sounds like you're running a machine that either is Windows S Mode, or have an ARM processor that can't install the Dropbox desktop application.

You can work online using the Dropbox site, and if your colleague is using the site at the same time, then you should be able to collaborate on files together.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?