cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partially sychronized folder

partially sychronized folder

altaplast
New member | Level 2

i've been a dropbox user for a long time, and i never had this problem before

every day i create a rar backup from several locations in my computer and i sent them to my dropbox folder called DATA

some of the rar's content do not change, but the rar is created every day; and so is showed in the local time stamp

i've always checked my synchronization with just looking at the date and time in both dropbox and locally; and they always matched

now, when i check; i see that some of the rar files in th web (cloud, dropbox web), in the same folder; are not synchronized, but some others are

locally all icons say that the files are synched, and the status icon says updated

but the time stamps locally al on the web, are different

if i check one of the files locally and request dropbox information on the file, it shows the time stamp it has in the web, which is different from the one the windows explorer shows

when i check the content of the rar file, the time stamp coincides with the most recent file archived; but it is not the time stamp of the file shown by the windows explorer

in other case, the contents plainly do not match between local and web, and in all mismatch cases, the web files are older and local files are newer

all this only in some files of the same folder, and not in all of them

local dropbox version: 123.4.4832

time installed and operational: 8 months

i hope that some one may be of help

3 Replies 3

Re: partially sychronized folder

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @altaplast, thanks for joining us here on the Dropbox Community!

I'm assuming you have restarted your computer, but if you haven't, can you please restart it, and let me know if that helped?

Also, can you check your plan tab and see if you have enough free space in your Dropbox for the files to sync?

Lastly, make sure no programs are editing files in the Dropbox folder, as these won't sync, unless these programs are closed.

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

altaplast
New member | Level 2

hello Hannah

i'm sorry for the time i've away and haven't seen your message

thx a lot for your response

all of your recomendations have been taken oan followed, and; the problem persists

as i said on my initial presentation, i've been using dropbox on a very regular basis and this in the only instance in which this happens

i'm inclined to blame windows 10 

again, thank you for your response, and i'm sorry it doesn't help a bit in solving my problem

Hannah
Dropboxer
Sorry for the delay in my response here and thanks for the update!

Can you send me a few screenshots showing the issue/discrepancy while making sure you hide any personal info?

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    altaplast New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?