cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf comments

pdf comments

Explorer | Level 3

My collaborator left a number of commetns on a pdf file in my Dropbox folder. I cannot read any of them.

Any insights on how to fix it or find a person that can give take a look and let me know what is going on?

4 Replies 4

Re: pdf comments

Dropboxer

Hi @Ivana M.1; thanks for posting on our Community!

Can you please let me know if this happens for only one file of yours or others as well?

Have you tried another browser than the one you used in the first place? 

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Walter,

thank you for replying.  It happens for one file, I  really dont't have time to investigate  other files.

I work on Ubuntu, the same thing happens in Firefox and Chrome. I can see the annotation if I download the file.

When open in the browser,  however, the preview tab is using 95%CPU while doing nothing. The collaborator was cut off half way through commenting, with some error message about not "not being able to save."  He could not "save as" in a different location either. The whole thing looks thoroughly buggy.

Thanks,

Ivana

Dropboxer

In that case, I'd suggest clearing your browser's cache and/or try an incognito window to exclude any browser plugins or extensions that might be causing issues, Ivana.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

It didn't fix any of the problems (clearing the cache) but thank you for trying to help.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?