cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo backup stopped working

photo backup stopped working

IllustratorIlona
Helpful | Level 5

Hi there, 
Since the update dropbox has been selective with uploading my camera uploads (redid older files on my phone that it shouldn't back up) and since this morning it gave a note saying "photo backup stopped working, contact dropbox so we can fix it". Videos got backed up from this weekend but dropbox didn't 'see' the photos and claimed my phone was all backed up. After trying several things (restarting phone, log out and in, give dropbox access to background backup, ect) it gave the message I mentioned above ('stopped working'). I have enough storage space and already removed any potential big files that might cause conflict. 

I am using an iphone 8 with 14.4.2 IOS
App version 232.2.4
Using 3,4 of the 6GB available

Can you help me fix the problem? 
Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: photo backup stopped working

Hannah
Dropboxer

That sounds great! I'm glad this issue resolved itself.

Make sure to get back to us if it reappears or if you have any more questions.

Have a great week!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @IllustratorIlona, thanks for posting in our Community!

Have you tried uninstalling the Dropbox app from your phone, restarting the device and then reinstalling, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

IllustratorIlona
Helpful | Level 5

@Hannah Thank you for your reply, and apologies for my late reply.

Last night I remembered I had this issue with the app so when I opened the app it seems to all work again (all photos are now backed up and up to date with my phone). Yesterday I had to turn off my phone for a while so maybe something improved or changed then after I turned it back on? (or something on the dropbox side got fixed?). The error message also disappeared. 

I have no idea how it fixed itself, just glad I can backup my photos again.

Hannah
Dropboxer

That sounds great! I'm glad this issue resolved itself.

Make sure to get back to us if it reappears or if you have any more questions.

Have a great week!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

jenmom_3
Explorer | Level 4

I also received the same error message:  "Photo backup stopped working.  Contact Dropbox so we can fix it."  Unlike  illustratorllona, the problem did not rectify itself for me.  Any suggestions on what I can do?   Or, now do I contact Dropbox.  I looked at the Contact Support tab, but couldn't find an easy way to do so.  

Thank you.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @jenmom_3, thanks for commenting on this!

Did you try the uninstall-reinstall steps on your end as well? 

Keep in mind that there's a limit of 3 devices for free Basic users, so if you have a free account and more than 3 devices linked to it, if you uninstall the Dropbox app, you won't be able to sign in to your account again.

Keep me posted!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

sgottlieb
Explorer | Level 4

My Dropbox app suddenly stopped recognizing new photos on my camera roll and as a result it keeps telling me my camera uploads are up to date, when they are not.  I have a paid account and I am nowhere near my data limit. 

I have so far tried the following:

1. Checked my settings in the app and on my phone to make sure uploads are permitted and location services are turned on

2. Updated iOS

3. Deleted Dropbox app

4. Restarted my phone

5. Reinstalled Dropbox app

Still not working.

Help!

jenmom_3
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Hannah,
The uninstall-reinstall worked; the error message disappeared. As in the past, is there a setting to upload only new photos? Can you advise on the steps to do so?
Thank you

Drobox App stopped recognizing new photos for upload

sgottlieb
Explorer | Level 4

My Dropbox app suddenly stopped recognizing new photos on my camera roll and as a result it keeps telling me my camera uploads are up to date, when they are not.  I have a paid account and I am nowhere near my data limit. 

I have so far tried the following:

1. Checked my settings in the app and on my phone to make sure uploads are permitted and location services are turned on

2. Updated iOS

3. Deleted Dropbox app

4. Restarted my phone

5. Reinstalled Dropbox app

Still not working.

Help!

Re: Drobox App stopped recognizing new photos for upload

studiore
New member | Level 2

I am having the exact same issue as sgottlieb. I have tried the same steps and Dropbox still isn't recognising new photos. I am using an iPhone 6s. Is it because it is an older device? The iOS is up to date though. Please help!  

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jenmom_3 Explorer | Level 4
    cctodd47 New member | Level 2
    sgottlieb Explorer | Level 4
    3MMDM New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?