cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo backup stopped working

Re: Drobox App stopped recognizing new photos for upload

sgottlieb
Helpful | Level 6

Oh that's interesting.  Here are my specs:

iPhone SE 2020 

iOS 14.5.1

Re: photo backup stopped working

3MMDM
Helpful | Level 5
Did you ever get a solution. I am having the exact same issue.

3MMDM
Helpful | Level 5
Me too. Have you gotten a fix yet?

sgottlieb
Helpful | Level 6

Nope.  Dropbox is now uploading photos again, but there's a big chunk of photos on my camera roll that dropbox just refuses to recognize and I have no easy way to get them off my phone in a batch.  It's a big problem for me.

cctodd47
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issues. I have an iPhone 6S plus. Installing the update for iOS 14.5.1 now. Already tried a hard shutdown and restart but it still says photos are up to date. There are at least 200 photos (most recent) which are not uploaded to the Dropbox at this point. Waiting for iOS to finish installing and then will try again.  Anyone - suggestions? If I uninstall and reinstall the Dropbox app, will I lose anything? I shouldn't think so, but wanted to check. I'm not terribly adept with apps overall. Thanks - all help appreciated!

jenmom_3
Explorer | Level 4
I had the same problem and did a uninstall- reinstall. The error message went away and it took a day for the Camera Uploads > Backup > New Photos only option to appear. Everything seems to be working now.

studiore
Helpful | Level 5

Update: It resumes backing up now. But there is a small batch of photos that it still doesn't recognise. They were taken between last Thursday and Saturday morning.

GoMrPickles
Helpful | Level 6
Same issue, DBX uploads new photos but did not upload photos between April 28 and May 7 ish. It will not upload photos taken between those dates.

holtman4
New member | Level 2

To everyone who has this problem:

I had the same problem (same dates as another user listed).  I have an iPhone 12 Mini.  I just updated to the latest iOS (14.5.1), reopened the dropbox app, and the chunk of photos that wouldn't upload before has now uploaded.  

I did not ever try deleting/reinstalling the app.  It just took the newest iOS to solve the problem.

Dropbox Photo Upload does not work

Vaclav E.
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have a weird problem, my photo upload stopped working.

I`m on iphone 7, newest iOS ( but issue was even on previous one ). And my photo upload stopped working.

First it gave me error that It stopped working and i should contact support....

Now it says that " all done backing up " but i can clearly see that chunk of pics is missing. 

Actually Yesterday I made a 5pics and 1 video. Video uploaded without any problem and pics are missing.

It seems like Dropbox app is unable to recognize some of the pics i made.

The same issue is described here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/photo-backup-stopped-working/td-p/516601

I have done all possible troubleshooting:

1.) reinstall app

2.) disable ios icloud backup

3.) Clear cache

4.) all other tips that are mentioned online on dropbox site.

-- Nothing helped and this issue is still happening... previously I had to manually upload my photos and i do not wish to do it again... 

This is very, very frustrating. Dropbox is not cheapest solution but why to have it at all if simple thing as photo backup is not working ?

I have contacted support over chat and for some unknown reason it got disconnected and now i can not start other chat.

I already created 3 tickets because of this issue and nothing in last 15 days... still the same issue. I am getting very frustrated as this is not a support i have imagined as paying customer... 

Can someone finally solve my issue ? 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Trader67 New member | Level 2
    studiore Helpful | Level 5
    ctalexander70 New member | Level 2
    sgottlieb Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?