Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

photo thumbnails display too small

Explorer | Level 3

They are so small that I am surprised that I am paying for this service. I have to select and wait if I want to see them.

That takes a long time. Please fix this before the month is over.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: photo thumbnails display too small

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there @CHilda.

If you’re having this trouble on the Dropbox website, check if you have your photos being previewed on Grid instead of List.  You can find this on the top right corner when you access the folder containing the files/photos.

If this is in your Dropbox folder on your desktop, please follow the same guidelines to enlarge the thumbnails as you do for your other folders. For example, if you’re running on Windows, set the viewing option to the one you feel is most appropriate for you. 

If none of these are the case, could you try switching browsers or using incognito/private browsing mode, and make sure that you’re not running any extensions.

Let me know how these suggestions work out for you. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there @CHilda.

If you’re having this trouble on the Dropbox website, check if you have your photos being previewed on Grid instead of List.  You can find this on the top right corner when you access the folder containing the files/photos.

If this is in your Dropbox folder on your desktop, please follow the same guidelines to enlarge the thumbnails as you do for your other folders. For example, if you’re running on Windows, set the viewing option to the one you feel is most appropriate for you. 

If none of these are the case, could you try switching browsers or using incognito/private browsing mode, and make sure that you’re not running any extensions.

Let me know how these suggestions work out for you. 

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes that helped but actually what I really want is List view with larger thumbnails - older eyes :(

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @sheila a.1, thanks for checking in on this.

Although we currently don't have an option for a larger "list" view,  what you can try is to change the zoom in options from your browser's settings.

Some ways with which you can do this is by:

• Holding down the Ctrl key and pressing the plus sign (+) key.
  • Holding down the Ctrl key and rolling your mouse's wheel.  

In any case, I'd be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This is the number one reason why I will cancel my Dropbox subscription as soon as I get around to transferring my files out.  Such a pain.  Since I mostly store photos, the miniscule thumbnails make it completely unusable. incredibly inefficient, as compared to storing on hard drive and viewing in File Explorer, for example, where I have immediate options for view size.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @skwood; sorry to hear you feel this way.

Have you tried the 'Large' view option when previewing your photos on our website as shown below?

1.png

I hope this helps and I'm always a post away if you have anything to ask or add. 

Walter

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Boy, this reallyl helped me fix my thumbnails.  Some how they became so tiny, I could hardly see them.  Also, they seemd to get stacked on top of each other.  I was beside myself.  Luckily, I found the solultion by using the control shift +.  Worked great.  (My + sign is over the = sign on my keyboard, so I had to use the Shift key to access the + sign.

Anyway, I am really relieved.  Thanks so much for solving my problem!

Maureen

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey Maureen (@motooner), welcome to our community. 

I’m really happy to hear that we were able to help solve the issue! Thanks for letting us know, and remember: we’re here to help if you have any other questions 🙂

Cheers!

Sanchez

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?