cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with a folder created on my desktop after installing dropbox for desktop

Highlighted

problems with a folder created on my desktop after installing dropbox for desktop

New member | Level 2

I have installed the dropbox for desktop, but I don't know what I have done that has synchronized my desktop, my documents and images. It has created a folder on my desktop Files on my computer that collects all that, I cannot delete it because it deletes the files I have on my computer. I have uninstalled dropbox but that folder still appears in the online version. How can I get it out of dropbox without losing my files from my pc? They are desktop icons, programs, etc. Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: problems with a folder created on my desktop after installing dropbox for desktop

Dropboxer

Hi there @Suvebo, thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

It sounds like, upon installing the desktop app, computer backup was enabled which adds computer folders (like Documents, Desktop, and Downloads) to your Dropbox folder. 

For this reason, you'll have to reinstall the desktop app and then follow the instructions in this article to turn off the feature.

If you have any trouble along the way, don't hesitate to give me another nudge. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?