cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Add New Folder" option missing?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello all,

I am working in a shared folder owned by someone that has a premium account. I use a file request link to upload files since I have a basic account. Recently no matter what I do I can no longer create new subfolders.

I tried logging in incognito mode, clearing my cache, restarting the computer, minimizing and maximizing the window, going back to the Home page and making sure no files are selected. I can't use the Upload Folders option since my personal account is maxed.

How can I make new folders again? (see screenshot below, there's no New Folder option)

db.JPG

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: "Add New Folder" option missing?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @ficklebee, thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like you’re already overquota on your account from what you’ve described.

If this is the case, then it wouldn’t be possible to create new files or folders on your account until it returns to being underquota.

As shared folders add to your own quota, even if their account via the shared folder has enough quota on it you wouldn’t be able to add a folder there. 

I hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks @Jay  for the information!

Is there a file-request equivalent for making new subfolders at all? I'm just surprised there's a limit for making folders in the first place since it's more of an organizing tool than actual additional data.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Anything that could require syncing needs free quota to do so, so adding new folders wouldn’t be possible. Only deleting files would sync to the server until the account was underquota.

Currently, it isn’t possible to create new folders using the file request feature, as only new files can be uploaded there.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?